One of the most important aspects of our company is the safety of our staff, fleet, client’s cargo, and anyone else involved in getting your goods from point A to point B. Since the company was founded, we have focused on maintaining a high level of certification and safety training, and we continue to find ways to improve our all levels of our operation.
In 2013, we achieved platinum status with Northbridge Insurance. This status is given to the top 5% of their insured transportation companies and is based solely upon superior safety management systems.
Areas scored on include:
- Driver Management
- Selection criteria, orientation and training, equipment management
- Preventative maintenance policies, safety management
- Safety motivation, hours of service, health and safety programs, cargo management
- Cargo loss prevention and compliance management related to our CSA scoring.
In addition to this, our drivers are trained and refreshed constantly in the following areas:
- Defensive driving
- Visibility improvement (mirror placement)
- Transportation of dangerous goods
- Forklift safety
- Dock safety